Do I need a visa travelling to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region

I. Do I need a visa to Hong Kong?

Applicants holding Estonian Passport who travel to HK for sightseeing, visiting relatives or business tour can enjoy a visa free period for visit not exceeding 90 days.

However, if any one of the following conditions is met, applicants shall make Hong Kong visa application through the Chinese embassy in Latvia or the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR):

(1) Holder of Estonian Passport who intend to stay in Hong Kong for more than 90 days;

(2) Holder of Estonian Alien Passport;

(3) Applicants visit HK for the purpose of employment, residence, performance or holding exhibition;

(4) Applicants visit HK for the purpose of study or career training. 

For citizen of a third country, please refer to the website of the Immigration Department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) on whether a Hong Kong visa is required and how to apply for a Hong Kong visa if needed:

II. Checklist of forms and documentation for Hong Kong visa

1. Applicant should truly and completely fill in the form of "Application for Entry for Visit/Transit in Hong Kong (ID 1003A)", and applicant's sponsor should complete the form of "Application for Entry for Visit/Transit (Sponsor) in Hong Kong (ID 1003B)". The forms can be downloaded from the website of the Immigration Department of HKSAR :

2. One recent 2inche, bareheaded and full faced color photo (affixed on page 1 of the application form ID 1003A)

3. Round-trip flight booking

4. Employment letter or bank statement

5. Additional documents to be submitted due to different purpose of visit:

(1) For tourism visit:

Hotel reservation, receipt of joining a tour group to Hong Kong or itinerary, etc.

(2) For transit:

Photocopy of onward flight itinerary to next destination.

(3) For business visit:

Photocopy of the material of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employer to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, invitation letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc.

(4) For family visit:

Photocopy of the material of proof of relationship with the local sponsor.

(5) Documents to be submitted by the Sponsor:

For application in which the sponsor is a company

i. "Application for Entry for Visit/Transit (Sponsor) in Hong Kong (ID 1003B)"

ii. Photocopy of Business Registration Certificate

For application in which the sponsor is an individual

i. "Application for Entry for Visit/Transit (Sponsor) in Hong Kong (ID 1003B)"

ii. Photocopy of the sponsor's Hong Kong identity card or travel documents (for non-permanent resident of the HKSAR)

(6) Other documents: Other documents may be needed upon consular office's request.

III. Processing Time

Regular processing time: 5 working days

Urgent processing time: 2-3 working days

Extra-urgent processing time: 1 working day 

It will take approximately one month for application that needs to be transferred to the Immigration Department of HKSAR, under which circumstances no urgent or extra urgent services available. 

IV. Visa fee

For Regular service, 25 Euro is charged for each visa;

For Urgent service, additional 25 Euro will be charged for each visa;

For Extra-urgent service, additional 35 Euro will be charged for each visa.

V. Contact information of the Immigration Department of HKSAR

Address: 2/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Telephone:852-2824 1212 

Fax:852-2824 1133 


Suggest To A Friend: